Anne Meara has sadly passed away at age 85.
The actress and comedian died on Saturday (May 23), her husband Jerry Stiller and their son Ben Stiller confirmed to the Associated Press.
Here is the statement that the family released: “The Stiller family is deeply saddened to share the beloved Anne Meara passed away last night at the age of 85. She is survived by her husband and partner in life Jerry Stiller. The two were married for 61 years and worked together almost as long. Anne’s memory lives on in the hearts of daughter Amy, son Ben, her grandchildren, her extended family and friends, and the millions she entertained as an actress, writer and comedienne.”
Anne is best known for her recurring roles on Archie Bunker’s Place, All My Children, Sex and the City, and The King of Queens. She got her start as part of a comedy duo with Jerry and they were regulars on The Ed Sullivan Show, as well as other programs.
We send our condolences to Anne‘s loved ones during this difficult time.
UPDATE: Read what celebrities are saying about this big loss.
- Pregnant Lena Headey reveals her baby's gender- US Weekly
- Kim Richards attends her daughter's wedding- TMZ
- Karlie Kloss wants a full-length "Bad Blood" movie- Gossip Cop
- Stefanie Scott's silly selfies are the best- Just Jared Jr
- This reality star supports Josh Duggar- Radar
- Jennifer Aniston shares a '90s throwback pic- Huffington Post
- Watch Brandon Flowers' awesome cover song- Lainey Gossip
- This Empire star won't wear his free Rolex- The Hollywood Reporter