Ben Stiller is ready to shift his focus following the release of Zoolander 2, which he directed and starred in.
“I think I’m more interested in movies I can relate to on a personal level,” the 51-year-old actor-director expressed ahead of the 2017 Nantucket Film Festival on Thursday (June 22) in Nantucket, Mass.
PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Ben Stiller
Ben was joined at the festival’s Filmmakers Party on Day 2 by Mariska Hargitay, Bobby Cannavale and Mike Birbiglia, where they all helped honor Tom McCarthy.
“Tom McCarthy for me epitomizes the kind of smart and emotional character-oriented storyteller that movie industry needs today,” Ben said (via IndieWire). “I think it’s important — in this day of huge, effects-driven franchises — to support and celebrate human stories that don’t center on aliens or robots.”
- Lionel Richie might be joining the cast of American Idol! - TMZ
- Pretty Little Liars' Melissa Hastings is debunking all of those fan theories - Just Jared Jr
- Shonda Rhimes slams Bill Cosby's sexual assault town hall meetings with one tweet - TooFab
- Find out who snagged the No. 1 spot on THR's Top TV Personalities chart! - The Hollywood Reporter
- Lorde reveals the meaning behind her new song "The Louvre" - Just Jared Jr