Robert De Niro received a huge honor from the Film Society of Lincoln Center at the annual Chaplin Award Gala!
The 78-year-old two-time Academy Award-winner stepped out at the gala on Monday night (May 8) at the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center in New York City.
Other attendees Michael Douglas, Ben Stiller, Martin Scorsese, Meryl Streep, and Sean Penn, who all presented throughout the evening.
During his acceptance speech, Robert called out “mean-spirited” Donald Trump for targeting arts programs.
“For their own divisive political purposes, the administration suggests that the money for these all-inclusive programs goes to rich liberal elites. This is what they now call an ‘alternative fact,’ but I call it bullshit,” he said during his speech.
Robert later added, “I don’t make movies for rich liberal elites…I make them for everybody.”
- American Idol audition city revealed and more fun details - TMZ
- Sharon Osbourne mocks story about having weeks to live - Gossip Cop
- Dove Cameron shares hot shirtless photo of her boyfriend - Just Jared Jr
- 17 stars who should be on the American Idol reboot - Wetpaint
- ARod dances for JLo - Lainey Gossip
- Kellyanne Conway spars with Anderson Cooper - The Hollywood Reporter